Yoga & Mindfulness classes in Totland Bay, Isle of Wight
Doing yoga to befriend your body
You would like to do a bit of yoga and mindfulness, sweat a little, feel good in your body, but you are not really sure you will like it and you would like to go to a safe place to see how it goes.
The Befriending your body classes have been designed to explore the body, understand how it works and does what it does and make friends with it.
What is a Befriending your Body Class?
Each class focuses on a theme.
The themes can be:
- Anatomy of the breathing: mindfulness, yoga, pranayama – 3 ways to use breath
- A place of safety: How our body protects us from danger
- Feeling the body: Moving from the inside out
- Anatomy of a forward bend: How to touch our toes
- Changing the mood: Breath and the nervous system
- Balancing: Building stability to thrive
- The science behind posture: How posture affects our mood
- Partner work: Exploring communication, trust and compassion
The focus of the Befriending your Body classes is on noticing sensations and exploring choices.
There are no physical assists. The instructions given are invitations and not commands.
The classes are light-hearted using a variety of tools like yoga shapes, breathwork, cognitive exercises, reading, meditation, group discussion and video excerpts.
No prior yoga experience is needed.
What to wear & what to bring?
Props and mats are available for you in the studio.
There is no need to wear tight stretchy leggings and tops. The only thing that matters is that you wear comfortable clothes that you can easily move in.
As you move through a class you can get warm so it’s good to wear clothes that keep you cool, but bring a jumper for relaxation, when the body rapidly cools down.
Time, Venue & Cost
Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Church Hall, The Broadway, Totland Bay PO39 0BW
The War Memorial Bus Stop located on The Broadway is very close to the Church Hall.
There is a car park next door and it is usually very easy to find parking on the street.
- £10 for a single class
- £50 for a pack of 6 classes
Please note that class sizes are reduced to 8 people, book early to avoid disappointment.