Podcast: The Truth of Yoga by Daniel Simpson
Daniel is a very talented writer. He also teaches yoga philosophy at the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies. I first met him at Triyoga, a Yoga studio in London, where he leads a book club.
In January 2021, Daniel’s new book The truth of yoga will be published.
In this interview with Jacob Kyle from the Embodied Philosophy, Daniel shares his intention and inspiration behind this comprehensive overview
• Integrating contemporary history with scholarly history.
• Differentiating yoga history and yoga philosophy as evolutionary systems of ideas
• Debunking commonly misunderstood concepts and myths of yoga evolution
• Connection points to tradition within modern practices
• Postural practice and being definitive about the unknown
• Reinterpreting yoga traditions, cultural appropriation and exploitation of yoga
• The nature of ultimate and relative truths in yoga.